Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries in Uganda
SALARY: UGANDA GOVERNMENT SCALE U1SE
AGE: 30 YEARS AND ABOVE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in
Zoology or Aquatic Biology or Environment Management or Food Science plus a
Degree in a related field from a recognized University/ Institution.
Applicants should have at least ten (10) years relevant working experience, three
which should have been gained at the level of Assistant Commissioner in
equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
He/she should possess demonstrated skills of regulatory, inspection and related
technology of the fishing industry and adequate knowledge of public financial
procedures and regulations.
Applicants should have the following key competencies – leadership, managerial
planning skills with well developed public relations skills. He/she should be a team
capable of working with the senior management team and with the ability to
coach, develop and motivate subordinates; should possess and demonstrate high
personal integrity and good oral and writing skills.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Director Fisheries Resources for
· Formulating and implementing Fisheries, legislation, regulations and standards.
· Developing and implementing strategies and plans for enforcement of fisheries
legislation, regulations and standards including Monitoring Control and
· Regulating and controlling fishing activities on all public water bodies in the
PSC INTERNAL ADVERT 2/2012
· Licensing fishing activities including vessels, gears, fishers, processors and
all public water bodies including entry points;
· Creating awareness on fisheries legislation, regulations and standards;
· Conducting risk analysis for import/export and internal fish and fisheries products
movements in the country;
· Inspecting and certifying fish and fisheries products for exports, import and for
markets as well as vessels and vehicles used for transportation of fish and
· Training and gazetting Fish inspectors;
· Establishing and strengthening frameworks for collaboration with national,
international organizations on fisheries regulation and inspection;
· Establishing and maintaining Laboratories for conducting testing of fish and
products to support certification for quality and safety of fish and fishery products
the export and local market.
· Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitable and eligible serving Officers for vacant posts
currently available in the various Ministries/Departments as specified below:-
Applications should be filled in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (2008) and
submitted to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P. O. Box 7080, Kampala
received not later than Friday 11th January 2013.
The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission offices,
Farmers’ House, 2nd Floor, Kampala and Ministry/Department/Local Government
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the Reference Number
against the vacancy. Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport
Applicants should route their applications through their Heads of Department who
informed of the closing date to avoid delay. Applicants may, however, submit an
copy of the application to the Public Service Commission to enable it start
them. The words ‘Internal advert’ must be indicated on top of the first page of the
Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission, on completion
recruitment and selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs